I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS LIFE WHEN I HAPPENED TO WATCH THE BOY IN THE ICEBERG ON TV IN 2005
Ladies and Gentleman, the man that will be in history books. He was throwing the burning tear gas. Not to the cops but away from the children protesting. In his American Shirt and bag of chips. Check his twitter.
HE HAS ALSO STATED NOT TO PURCHASE THE T-SHIRTS THAT ARE BEING SOLD WITH HIS IMAGE BECAUSE HIM NOR THE TOWN OF FERGUSON WILL SEE THAT MONEY!
Just needs to be stated again!
“Not to the cops but away from the children protesting”
*secretly having a mental breakdown because nothing is going right and all motivation is lost* :)
“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
The Canadian govt stopped focusing on endangering sex workers and driving them underground and the media stopped writing stupid salacious “should we or shouldn’t we” articles ALL WITH THE SAME FUCKING SILHOUETTE OF A MINISKIRTED GIRL ON A CORNER TALKING TO A CAR
and actually stopped being genocidal and took care of these people?
ps I told you canada isn’t cute
- Group of protesters briefly stop traffic on the highway (1) (2) Traffic was successfully blocked for 4 1/2 minutes
- Protests continue in front of Ferguson Police Station (x) (x) (x)
- What can Ferguson teach journalists?
- Re-watch old LiveStreams
- Donate to Ferguson Municipal Public Library
- Donate to STL Food Bank
- Help looted businesses get back on their feet. Donate to:
North County Regional Development Association, 350B Village Square Drive, Hazelwood, MO 63042
Chants of let her speak, let her speak resound as the moderator attempts to cut off protestor, Zakiyah’s questions and criticisms of hostile police tactics towards protestors.
Our voices must continue to be heard in Ferguson. Please share or donate to fund her stay as she continues to so ground work and organize to get justice for Mike Brown. She has been working feverishly there for three weeks now.
Reblogging this again for reasons….
Holy shit why are you doing this to me